Tips on What to Look For In a Day School
When researching day schools for your child, it’s important to consider the following:
1. The curriculum – Ensure the school has a rigorous and engaging academic program. Inquire about their core subjects and if they offer additional courses such as art, music, physical education, or technology.
2. Class size – Ask if class sizes are kept small to ensure more one-on-one instruction and attention from teachers.
3. Teachers – Find out what kind of experience and qualifications the teachers have. A good teacher should have a combination of expertise in their subject area, enthusiasm, and skill in teaching it.
4. Student support services – Determine whether any special programs or resources are available to students, such as tutoring, special education services, counseling, or career guidance.
5. Extracurricular activities – Many day schools offer a variety of after-school clubs and activities that can be a great way for your child to explore their interests while making friends and having fun. Look into the available activities and how often they take place.
6. Parent involvement – Ask about the school’s policies on parent involvement in their student’s academic careers. You want to ensure that the day school encourages parents to stay informed and involved with their child’s learning experience.
Consult the video we’ve linked above to learn more about what to look for in a day school.
Leave a Reply